- Degree Programs
- Student Opportunities
- News and Events
- Smart Transportation Systems: Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Electric Vehicles, Active Traffic and Demand Management
- Transportation Big Data Analytics: Mobility Behavior Modeling and Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Multi-Source Transportation Data Mining
- Traffic Flow and System Modeling: Traffic Flow Modeling and Applications, Dynamic Traffic Assignment, Origin-Destination Demand Calibration
- Assistant Professor, Missouri S&T, Rolla MO (Aug. 2017-present)
- Founding Team Member and R&D Director, Metropia Inc., Tucson, Ariz., (Aug. 2011- July 2017)
- Affiliate Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz., (April 2016-July 2017)
- R&D Engineer, TrafficCast China (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Shanghai. China, (Dec. 2007-Aug. 2010)
- Associate Editor, The International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology
- Standing Committee Member, TRB Committee on the Impacts of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) on Travel Choices (ADB 20), (2012-present)
- Faculty Advisor, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Missouri S&T student chapter (2017-present)
- Organizing Committee Member and Publication Chair, 7th International Symposium on Travel Demand Management, Tucson, Ariz., (April 2015)
- Li, Y.#, Yang, D., Hu, X.* (2020). A Differential Privacy-Based Privacy-Preserving Data Publishing Algorithm for Transit Smart Card Data. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies.
- Tang, Q.#, Hu, X.* (2020). Modeling Individual Travel Time with a Back Propagation Neural Network Approach for Advanced Traveler Information Systems. ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems.
- Tang, Q.#, Hu, X., Qi, H. (2020). Modeling Routing Behavior Learning Process for Vacant Taxis In A Congested Urban Traffic Network. ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems.
- Cheng, Y.#, Tang, Q.#, Hu, X.*, Qi, H., Yang, H. (2020). A Monte Carlo Tree Search-Based Mixed Traffic Flow Control Algorithm for Arterial Intersection. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. In press.
- Qi, H., Hu, X. * (2019). Monte Carlo Tree Search-Based Intersection Signal Optimization Model with Channelized Section Spillover. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies. 106, 281-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2019.07.017
- Hu, X. *, Yuan, Y., Zhu, X., Yang, H., Xie, K. (2019). Behavioral Responses to Pre-Planned Road Capacity Reduction Based on Smartphone GPS Trajectory Data - A Functional Data Analysis Approach. Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations. 23, 133-143. https://doi.org/10.1080/15472450.2018.1488133
- Yu, X., Gao, S., Hu, X., Park, H. (2019). A Markov Decision Process Approach to Vacant Taxi Routing with E-hailing. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological. 121, 114-134. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trb.2018.12.013
- Qi, H., Hu X.* (2018). Bayesian Inference of Channelized Section Spillover via Markov Chain Monte Carlo Sampling. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies. Volume 97, Pages 478-498. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2018.11.004
- Ma, Y.L., Zhu, X., Hu, X.*, Chiu, Y.C. (2018). The Use of Context-Sensitive Insurance Telematics Data in Auto Insurance Rate Making. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice. Volume 113, Pages 243-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tra.2018.04.013
- Hu, X.*, Chiu Y.C., Villalobos, J., Nava, E. (2017). "A Sequential Decomposition Framework and Method for Calibrating Dynamic Origin-Destination Demand in a Congested Network." IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. Volume 18, Issue 10, Pages 2790-2797. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2017.2661751
- Hu, X.*, Chiu, Y.C., Shelton, J. (2017). Development of a Behaviorally Induced System Optimal Travel Demand Management System. Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations. Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 12-25. https://doi.org/10.1080/15472450.2016.1171151
- Zhu, X., Yuan, Y., Hu, X., Chiu, Y.C., and Ma, Y.L. (2017). "A Bayesian Network model for contextual versus non-contextual driving behavior assessment." Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies. Volume 81, Pages 172-187. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2017.05.015
(* denotes Hu as corresponding author; # denotes supervised students)