- Department Overview
- Degree Programs
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff
- Academy of Civil Engineers
- Conferences and Seminars
- FE Exam
Civil Engineering Graduate Admissions Requirements
Master's degree admissions requirements:
- B.S. or B.E. degree in engineering with a GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- GRE V+Q score of at least 300
- GRE WR score of at least 4.0
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
International students must also submit:
- Official TOEFL score of at least 88 (IBT)
Doctoral degree admissions requirements:
- M.S. degree in engineering with a GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Meeting all other requirements for admission to M.S. program
- Secure a Ph.D. Advisor from the Faculty of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
- Visit Graduate Funding and Research Interests to identify a faculty member with similar research interests as a potential Ph.D. Advisor.
- Contact the faculty member by email. Include a copy of your transcript and resume. If they are willing to serve as your Ph.D. Advisor, seek confirmation.
- Once you have an agreement, notify Jeannie Werner of intent and/or outcome by email.
|Application Deadlines||Domestic Students||International Students*|
|Fall Semester||July 15||June 15*|
|Spring Semester||December 15||November 15*|
|Summer Semester||May 1||April 1*|
* Application deadline for International Students is set one month prior.
Additional time allows for department paperwork, deliberation, campus routing, etc.